Monday 4 September 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   9/4/17
   

 Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Cone Flower Heaven"
(all proceeds go to help Hurricane Harvey victims!)


My hubby and I were both travelling when Harvey hit, so it took us a while to recognize the severity of the situation, and to do the work to put up ... a fundraiser. But now it's up, and you can help, with your art (you don't have to be a member of Daily Paintworks). Once you've listed a piece(s) in the auction, you agree to donate 100% of the proceeds to either an organization helping the cause, or a family or individuals you know who've been affected. Simple as that. Our family in Texas got lucky, but there are so many who didn't. The link is above.


Click Here to Bid - 8x8in. 
"Well Norma, Now Which Way?"

Here's a scene from my New York City files. I actually posted the photo for this as a DPW challenge 2 years ago, but didn't know how I was going to paint it myself until now. Sometimes these things just have to percolate.

And speaking of percolating ... I think my week of abstract will be doing so in my brain for a long time. My favorite thing about taking a workshop is the chance to fully immerse myself into another artist's PROCESS. I learned so much about how Jane Davies creates her art, and it couldn't be more opposite than my own process. I was surprised how hard it was to get out of my habits, but once I did I had a lot of fun! I don't have anything to show just yet, but maybe soon, as I experiment with new ideas in my own studio. We'll see - for now I'm thinking of it just as a hobby, which protects me from thinking I need to make anything good yet. : )
Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.