Thursday 7 September 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   9/7/17
   
 Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Path to the Good View"
(all proceeds go to help Hurricane Harvey victims)

I raided my old landscape photos for this one. The scene is from Sedona, during a trip with my friend Penny. On this particular evening we were running around frantically trying to find a place to paint before the sun set completely. I ended up taking photos instead.

I've been so busy this summer I haven't gotten out much to paint landscapes in person. I've decided not to feel bad about this and that it was important to tell you. ; ) I do enjoy it, especially with friends, but this summer I have found myself more compelled by things inside. Someday, when my son is older, and I can travel more easily, I will be out there more often.


Click Here to Bid - 6x8in. "Jeep Street"

I decided to try something a little different for this one and take the reference photo using a wide angle lens. This makes the front end look bigger than it really is. But then I guess I think of Jeeps like this anyway - sort of imposing. My favorite part was the little patch of green reflecting on the left side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few other paintings that are still available:


Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.