Sunday 27 August 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   8/27/17
   

 Click Here to Bid - 8x8in. - "French Market"

Sometimes you end up saying just want you want to say with a painting, and this is it for me (I'm talking paint-gasm here, for those who know me!). I used the same block-in technique that I talked about a few posts ago, where I blocked everything in before I started adding details or nailing down specific features. This is working very well for these kinds of subjects.

I am heading out today for my abstract workshop in Bend. Unfortunately this means I won't be able to ship paintings (until Sept. 4th) but my stepdaughter will keep shipping books for me. Check my Instagram feed for pictures from the workshop next week. : )



 Click Here to Bid - 8x10in. - "The Gatehouse"

Painting realism is like interpreting a recipe. You've got to figure out which parts of the recipe/scene are essential to keep it holding together, and which parts you can adjust and change. And like a recipe, everyone has their own take on this, which is what makes art so wonderful! You can set up 100 artists to paint the same scene, and none will be the same.

................................................................................................

Here are a few that are STILL AVAILABLE:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.