Thursday 28 September 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   9/28/17
   

 Click Here to Bid - 6x8in. - "Learning to Ice Skate"

I did two versions of this scene, with different lights. This one is lit with my halogen flood bulb, which is the bulb I use most often. Tomorrow (on my blog) I'll post the other one.

I've also been working on a side project, building a little porch for a new outbuilding that my husband finished this summer. I had to work around big roots from a tree, which informed the design. I've really gotten into woodworking lately. It provides me with the perfect balance of creativity, problem solving, and hard work. Since painting is my "job," I'd been looking for a "hobby" that was different enough to compliment the other - I think I finally found it.


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Colorful Street"

This was not only a colorful street, but a colorful town in general! It is in France, right next to some hills made of very beautiful dirt, and I guess they use that to make pigment, and use that to make paint to color the houses. Pretty cool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few other paintings that are still available:
Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.