Friday 5 September 2014

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Across the River"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   9/5/14
 "Across the River" - 6x6in - click to bid
This is the first painting I did in Hood River during my recent 4 days of intensive plein air. My friend Patti and I found this lovely spot by the Columbia river. She painted the view downriver, and I painted the cliffs across the way. My view was slightly less spectacular, but more doable in a square format. Our only annoyance was the incessant wind! It was blowing so hard we couldn't even think about using our umbrellas without our gear blowing clean away. So we had to either set up in the shade (as Patti smartly did), or deal with the dapples (as you can see I did). Doh! Lesson learned.


 

-Carol

Quick Links

My Workshops

 

2014
 
Nov 10-14, San Antonio, TX, register here - FULL w/ wait list

*I'm taking 2015 off from teaching*
 
---
 
Preorder my new book,
Daily Painting, on Amazon:
 
 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.