Thursday 14 February 2013

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Intervention"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY -  2/14/13
"Intervention" - 6x6in. - click here to bid
 

So, the fork ran away with the spoon, but the pig was sure they were bad for each other, so he tracked them down and had an intervention.

And now on to lights. At my last workshop I tried a new bulb that I liked, so I bought one today and compared it to my other two regulars. I found it interesting so I thought I'd share the pros and cons (in my opinion). From left to right -->

1. Ecosmart 27W, 5000K spiral florescent2. Sylvania 39W, 2800K flood3. Philips 60W, 3000K, LED, bright white (on sale right now at Home Depot! - this is the new one for me).
 
3 lightbulbs

Below are some pictures I took with my camera set to P - thus the colors remained true. You can see that 1. is the whitest - bordering on blue, and the softest, most spread out light. I've liked this one in the past for doing flowers. 2. is definitely the yellowest, and also the most focused of all three lights, which I often like (and have used most often). I also like the sharper shadow edge, and the drama the light creates. And 3. is still fairly yellow, but for me not overly so (I've tried MUCH yellower lights). The light also spreads out a bit, which can be useful. I did several paintings with the LED light today and really liked it. I will probably switch around between all three depending on what I'm looking for.
 
3 apples in different light
 
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops
 
2013

April 15-19, 
San Fran, CA 
register w/ Sedona Arts Center
FULL w/ wait list

May 6-10, Nanaimo, BC, 
Canada
to register email Mary
FULL w/ wait list
 
June 10-14, Boothbay, ME
to register email Lee
FULL w/ full wait list

Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.