Saturday 6 October 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    10/6/18
   

 Click Here to Bid - 6x12in. - "Our Shade Island"
 
FINAL WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT:

May 14-23, 2019 - Florence Italy -
REGISTER NOW (you will be asked to fill out and submit a short form - the first 12 submitted will receive requests for deposits - after that a wait list will be started). I look forward to painting with you!

Meanwhile, I've returned to experimenting with a palette knife. I was doing a large painting a couple of days ago and my favorite palette knife broke!! So I had to go to a actual art store for another one. Of course I ordered a bunch more on Dick Blick too. Who knew they broke?! At any rate, after finishing the large one I was on a roll so I tackled this one (above), which is a combination of brush and knife. I still have much to learn, I know, but the texture is so ... luscious!


Click Here to Bid - 8x8in. - "Crowded Market"

I really enjoy simplifying these people scenes. It requires a lot of squinting, but also a fair amount of refining when it comes to the important features, like faces and hands...and legs and feet...well, just about anything having to do with something looking...human. It's harder than it looks - let me just say that. But I enjoy the challenge.

Yours in art,
Carol

Here are a few other available paintings:
Quick Links
 
My Last Workshop

May 14-23, 2019 - Florence, Italy: A focus on taking photos and painting from them in this ancient city. Registration opens Oct 6, 9pm CST. Register

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.