Friday 19 October 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY  10/19/18
   

 Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Hold on Tight"
 
ON BREAKS: I just got home from a (fabulous!!!) trip to San Miguel de Allende with two buds. It made me think about taking breaks, pros and cons. Here're the highlights:

The biggest con of course, is that I'm not working. I'm getting rusty. My best progress happens when I work consistently, every day if possible, or at least 5 days a week (rare for me this summer, alas!).

The biggest pro is that it is possible to bring home new ideas. I get re-inspired in new places, especially if I see art while I'm there (which I did). Another pro is that simply stepping away from my studio gives me a bigger perspective. It helps me re-focus on bigger goals, and I come home with a clear idea of what I need to do first.

Even though I didn't paint on this trip, and I did mostly touristy things, I took pictures while I walked. I look forward to sorting through them and seeing what I've got. Meanwhile, here (above) is a scene from France that I painted today, with (maybe you can't tell...) a slightly new tack.

And here are me and my peeps!


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Not a Contest"

For some reason when I saved this for the web it turned a little ... green. So imagine that pumpkin just a little more orange. And it's a competitive pumpkin. Just like I was (am) when I was a kid. I think maybe the phrase I heard the most was, "It's not a contest, Carol Jean." Harumph.

Yours in art,
Carol

Here are a few other available works:
Quick Links
 
My Last Workshop

May 14-23, 2019 - Florence, Italy: A focus on taking photos and painting from them in this ancient city.

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.