Monday 21 September 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Morning Sun Hits Ritter"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   9/21/15
 "Morning Sun on Ritter" - 6x6in. - click to bid

I actually started this one during my trip to the Sierra's, but did most of the work when I got home, using the start and photos as a guide. Every morning at sunrise, Mt. Ritter (in the back) would light up first, while the rest of the "valley" was still in shadow. For a few minutes, all the trees would glow kinda like this, and then very quickly light would spill down over everything. I literally had about 10 minutes to get this down, which is why my start is just about nothing. You can see I had to make the mountain a bit more glowy. That's called "artistic lisence." Or (ahem) maybe I got it wrong in the first place. Nah.

The best part about the trip was that we really became intimately familiar with the location. After a couple of days I could predict what the light was going to do, and plan accordingly.

-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

 

Announcing 2016 workshops September 23 @ 7pm, pst!
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.