Friday 12 December 2014

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "The Balancer"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   12/12/14
 "The Balancer" - 6x6in -  click to bid
As many of you know, I got pretty burnt out a couple of years ago with painting - specifically still life. Here are the things that helped me heal in the 2 years since then:

1. Trying different things (other mediums, classes, subjects, etc.)
2. Not painting when I didn't feel like it.
3. Talking to artist friends for support and suggestions.
4. Taking time to get bored (and re-inspired).
5. Uhhhh, wine.
6. And specifically, though I'm sort of repeating number 1, painting a variety of subjects.

It's awfully nice to know I have a whole slew of things I can paint when I wake up in the morning, and not JUST cups or apples. And while I've been enjoying these "other" subjects (cows, cats, trucks, people, etc.), sometimes I get a hankering to paint cups again. And it's usually been long enough that I remember all over again why I fell in love with still life in the first place. Which is awesome!


-Carol

Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.