Monday 3 September 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    9/3/18
   

"Running Through Shadow"
 
On the last morning of our Sierra trip, when the goal for the day was to pack up and hike out, I got up early and hiked around a bit with my camera. I got lucky in that it was relatively smoke free, and I was able to catch the morning light on everything, including the mountains. 

My camera couldn't capture this scene whole, so I took some photos of the mountains, trees and grass, and some of the creek in shadow. Then I worked some Photoshop magic and wove them together just enough to let me see the relationships. It was an experiment, and I'm diggin' the result.


  Click Here to Bid - 8x10in. - "Good Morning Trees"

This is another one from that last morning. I'm trying to paint them now while the Sierras are still fresh in my mind.

Here is a picture of the whole crew from this trip: (L to R) ErnestoTiaBillMichelle,
 myself, 
Paul and Scott (excuse me, but all total bad-asses!!!!) (see my blog post for a bigger image)



Here are a few other available paintings:
Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links
 
My Workshop

Next year (2019) I will be teaching only one workshop, in Italy, in May. Registration will open at the end of September - stay tuned.

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.