Sunday 25 March 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   3/25/18
   

  Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Who Goes First?"
 
These pears know they need to get on the plate, but they're not sure what's going to happen once they're there. I'm not either.

"It's Not Often Black or White"

I found this black cup recently at a thrift store, and I've had it sitting on my little staging table ever since. Yesterday I put a white cup down beside it and noticed the cool reflections happening, of the white cups off the black one. It's a tough thing to paint because your brain tells you the reflection is "white," but in actuality the value of the reflection is MUCH darker than the white cups. So I'm pretty damn proud of that little moment there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
  Here are other paintings that are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

May 28 - June 1, '18 - Carmel - FULL - get on wait list

July 3-14, '18 - France 
- FULL - get on wait list 

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.