Sunday 18 March 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    3/18/18
   

  Click Here to Bid - 8x8in. - "Capture the Moment"
 
For some reason I get more glare on my paintings when I try to photograph them on an overcast day, vs. a sunny one. And we have a lot of those in the winter here in Oregon. So I've taken a second photo to show how this looks from another angle. This is my favorite San Fran painting so far!

For the next two days I am taking a workshop from Ruth Armitage. She is teaching us how she does abstract paintings, using cold wax and all kinds of other fun tools. I'm really excited to see how she makes her beautiful paintings!!


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Cold in the Shadow"

The other day I spent hours doing a painting of a similar scene, with just one gal in the foreground, in shadow. It was on a bigger panel, a more complicated scene, and at the end of the day I couldn't find enough good in the painting to keep it. My husband said it was weird that the gal in the foreground was in shadow. But, call me stubborn, I had to try again. I like this one a lot more. That's not to say it wasn't hard as heck! These faces are not only tiny, the values are super duper subtle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
  Here are other paintings that are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

May 28 - June 1, '18 - Carmel - FULL - get on wait list

July 3-14, '18 - France 
- FULL - get on wait list 

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.