Wednesday 31 January 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   1/31/18
   

Click Here to Bid - 6x8in. - "Classic Who-dun-it"
 
MINI LESSON - CUPS (8 of 8):

Once you've drawn your cup(s), I have a few suggestions for checking to make sure it's all working. The first and simplest is to step back as far as you can. I recommend doing this often, actually, which is why I strongly suggest (unless you have health problems that prevent this) that you stand to paint (and draw). I use an anti-fatigue mat to stand on, and it is very long, so I can walk to the end of my studio and not have my feet pay for it later. When you step back you can see the big picture. For example, apparently I did not check this painting enough, because now I see that the front blue cup is leaning a little in the wrong direction. Damn. So, what the heck - I don't want to re-do it now so I'm going to start the auction at $10.

Another way to check your drawing is to look at it backwards, with a mirror. OR, take a picture of it with your cell phone, and flip it horizontally.

One other recommendation that was sent to me a while back, is to trace a cup onto a piece of plexiglass with a dry-erase marker and hold it in front of each ellipse to check its shape. To be honest, I find this a little awkward, and very hard to hold still, but it may work well for you.



I hope you've enjoyed these cup lessons. It is my way of saying THANKS to all of you who have supported me over the years, either buying my paintings, lessons, workshops, books, or just sending me a nice comment now and then. Thank you so much!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
  Here are other painting(s) that are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

July 3-14, '18 - France 
- FULL - get on wait list 

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.