Tuesday 2 January 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    1/2/18
   

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Super Delicious"

When I was in Texas over the holidays, I had dinner with some good friends who told me they were committing to an abstract a day for the month of January. This sounded interesting to me, so on the spur of the moment, I said I was in too. Yesterday I set up a spot in my studio for it, got out all my supplies, and then thought of nothing else until ... this morning I did my first one. It was super fun, but I'm going to hold back on posting images until I have something I'm super excited about. Because what else is the point of doing something for a month if not to slowly improve.

Meanwhile, strawberries that I AM super excited about! Yes, I am still going to paint my regular stuff.


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Totes Adorbs Strawbs"

I got out my big sheet of glass for this one. And in the middle of setting up the scene, I walked away for a minute to get more tea. While I was walking back I noticed my setup from an angle I hadn't been considering. I realized that if I pointed my light back behind the strawberries, I got these awesome reflections. Fortunately the light sort of raked the top of the take-out container, which provided some lovely contrast. This reminds me to experiment with my lights more often.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
  Here are other paintings that are still available:
Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

July 3-14, '18 - France 
- FULL - get on wait list 

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.