Monday 6 July 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Three Trees in a Field"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   6/6/15
 "Three Trees in a Field" - 6x8in. -  click to bid
 

I'm going  a little out of order here and posting a painting I did about halfway through our trip, in a field near Prairie City, OR. I've been doing some work on a lot of the other paintings, fixing some issues and figuring out what is salvageable and what needs to be re-done from scratch. What I found is that only a few worked out "in the field," and the rest needed some work. For me this was most often because I couldn't see what I was painting very well, because of glare. I realized that if I had something solid behind me, like a bunch of trees or a well-placed jeep, I could see much better. Which, makes sense because it's the same thing I experience when I take photos of my paintings. When the painting is pointed towards sky (a huge source of light), there is glare on the painting. The problem is, when I find a paintable scene, there isn't always a good place to paint it from, much less a solid object to position behind me. As if plein air painting wasn't hard enough!
 
 

-Carol

Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.