Friday 10 July 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Juniper and Cliffs"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   6/10/15
 "Juniper and Cliffs" - 8x8in. -  click to bid
  

This is another plein air painting from Cove Palisades State Park. I struck out on a hike from the campground up into the hills around the river. I knew there were a bunch of Juniper trees there with great shapes because the boys and I had explored it the evening before.

 

I fell in love with this spot because of the cliffs in the background. Unfortunately there was a big gnarly sage bush in the foreground. Normally I love sage but this one was just plain ugly. So I decided to take it out of the painting. It worked just fine until I got to the ground. There were a bunch of little rocks lying around, and various patches of dead grass, so I did the best I could trying to "edit" it all into a better design. I feel like I get a little better at this every time, but editing certainly doesn't come naturally to me. Just another one of the many challenges of plein air!!!

-Carol

Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.