Wednesday 10 June 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Flo the Rose"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   6/10/15
 "Flo the Rose" - 6x6in. -  click to bid
Another tip for roses: paint the glow first (if there is glow - there isn't always). I've mentioned this before, but I thought this one would be a great example. Because the yellow is the glow on this one. So I painted the yellow bits first - lighter in the middle and darker where it goes into the shadow (because that's what I saw). Then I painted all the rest, still painting the biggest chunks first.

I got some frames the other day, one each of all the colors of panel frames from the CanvasPlace.com (mentioned before). If I were to have installed them properly, I would have used my little velcro circles on each corner, but these are just temporary, so you can see the colors. They're quite sturdy and nice looking too. I highly recommend them!



-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.