Thursday 26 March 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Coy Cow"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   3/26/15
 "Coy Cow" - 6x6in. -  click to bid

Last weekend I had the pleasure of watching my friend Sarah demo a portrait painting (she teaches, by the way). She used a palette knife to pre-mix several piles of paint. Her method after that for applying the paint involved a different order of things than my usual way. It seemed to work very well for her, so I came home and tried it out right away, on some of the "funny face photos" you guys sent me like...3 years ago. Below is the first one. It wasn't a complete success, but there are some HUGE benefits of pre-mixing that I had never considered. There are also some cons. I'll do a little bit more testing and then I'll lay out my observations, with bullet points and all that snazzy stuff. : )

I won't post these for sale (because they are just practice), but if you recognize the face as something you sent me and like it enough to spring for shipping, it's yours!

The cow above is also pre-mixed. And using the same general method Sarah used. Not island to ocean - I'll tell you that much. More soon!

-Carol

Ps. Thank you all so much for your kind words about my friend Bren. It means a lot to me.
Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.