Monday 19 January 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Microfashion"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   1/19/15
 "Microfashion" - 6x6in. -  click to bid

I completely stole the title for this from Humans of NY, which I see on Instagram (so cool, if you haven't seen it!). The shoes I found at the thrift store the other day. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for some just like this for a long, long time.

Oh, and I shone (shined?) two lights on the shoes - a warm one and a cool one. It made for some interesting shadows. I tried this once before but didn't like it. I'm glad I gave it another shot. I don't think I'll do it for every still life, but I will certainly try it in the future if I think it might work. FYI - I used a florescent for the cool, and halogen flood for the warm.
 

-Carol

Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.