Friday 2 January 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Bagged"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   1/2/15
 "Bagged" - 6x6in -  click to bid
I want to clarify one thing about my post from yesterday, regarding painting from photos. I certainly do not think painting from photos is bad!!! As you probably know, I do it a lot myself, and can name many fabulous artists who do it all the time! My point was only that there are steps you can take to make your paintings from photos look more realistic. Painting from life is not always practical. For example, painting children. Heck, they barely sit still long enough for a photo, much less a painting. Am I right?!

But these oranges I painted from life. They are quite patient, and I appreciate it.

-Carol

Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.