Wednesday 23 January 2013

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Bird, Suitcase, Bike"

  

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY
 "Bird, Suitcase, Bike" - 12x24 in -  click to bid - bidding starts at $425
Bird, Suitcase, Bike  
 
I did this larger painting yesterday from a photo I took in Freiburg, Germany a couple of years ago. The sign at the top reads "Engel - Apotheke" which means Angel Pharmacy. Here is the close-up of the lady and her bike:
 
Close-up

So, what's funny about this is it had 2 more people in it, but they were both in awkward positions so I left them out. My husband came in and said, "These 2 look awful lonely." I puzzled over it for about an hour and finally googled pictures of pigeons (which we see in Freiburg) in similar light and added one along the bottom. I don't usually add things like that, but I think it turned out really well.

In other news, I took some frozen pictures yesterday, and I finished my quilt! 

-Carol

 

* UPCOMING WORKSHOPS *

 

Feb 4-8, '13, Balboa Island, California - to register email Debra - FULL w/ wait list

    April 15-19, '13, San Fran, CA - register w/ Sedona Arts Center - FULL w/ wait list

    May 6-10, '13, Nanaimo, BC, Canada - to register email Mary - FULL w/wait list 

    June 10-14, '13, Boothbay, ME - to register email Lee - FULL & full wait list

    Oct 14-18, '13, Fish Creek, WI - to register email the Peninsula School of Art or call 920.868.3455

This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.