Saturday 27 July 2019

Carol's latest paintings

View this email in your browser

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Passing the Plate"


I bought some tomatoes yesterday and went to TOWN with them. This is the first of seven paintings (that worked out)!

I had a goal in mind for each one. For this one I was just trying to blow out the cobwebs. I've had a lot of non-painting things going on lately, and haven't been in the studio as much as usual. So I was feeling a little rusty.

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Who Called This Meeting?"


Here's my second pass at these tomatoes. For these first two I used my "daylight" florescent bulb to light the setups. I did this because tomatoes are fairly translucent, and my stronger light can obliterate the form shadow (the shadow ON the object, as opposed to the cast shadow, which is cast FROM the object) in a way I don't always like.

As for the title, I'm actually trying to remember the last time I attended an actual meeting, like an official one. That's one great thing about being a self-employed artist - no meetings!

Yours in art,
Carol
My book, Daily Painting, is available on Amazon and book stores near you.

Also check out my online tutorials (some are free!).

And I have other books for sale that are collections of 100 paintings each.


I am no longer teaching workshops.
Copyright © 2018 Carol Marine, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1560 Em Ray Dr., Eugene, OR 97405

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.