Friday 24 August 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    8/24/18
   

 Click Here to Bid - 6x8in. - "Across the Lake"
 
Well, we had no bears (up in the Sierra's, where I was last week), but the fires caused some trouble. There was smoke every day (often a LOT), and it definitely caused some delays getting home. But it was still a WONDERFUL trip, with good friends, and fantastic subject matter!

This is my first painting, done quickly on the first afternoon, after we dried off and warmed up, after being pelted by hail (and rain) on the strenuous hike in. Fortunately the rain cleaned up some of the smoke, but it was back again the next morning.


 Click Here to Bid - 6x12in. - "Rocky Path"

Here's another one from the Sierras. If you know me, you know I LOVE this format for landscape painting. It's 6x12 inches. But it's tough to see here, so please go to my blog and click the image to see it better. As opposed to the first post, this one is not entirely plein air. I definitely tweaked it once I was home, from memory, and using photos I took. I am NOT one of those people who is obsessed with keeping it "pure," and never rework - instead I am in pursuit of a decent painting, at any cost. And I'm really happy with this one.

Here are a few other available paintings:
Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links
 
My Workshop

Next year (2019) I will be teaching only one workshop, in Italy, in May. Registration will open at the end of September - stay tuned.

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.