Thursday 14 May 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Light in the Forest"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   5/14/15
 "Light in the Forest" - 8x10in. -  click to bid

On my last day in Mendocino, my friend and I drove down to the redwoods. She had a particular park in mind, but it was closed, so we drove on until we found a logging road. It had an ominous "no trespassing" sign, but we, uh...kind of went in anyway. Seeing that it was late afternoon, and no one was about, we set up and painted. My painting was really terrible. I knew the scene was going to change fast, so I hurried and did a terrible job on the composition. But the colors were good so I took what I did home as a study, and used it and photos to create this one in my studio. I'm SO glad I had the study because the colors in my photos were dull and lifeless. I learned a TON from this, and highly recommend the process.

-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.