Friday 8 May 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Hayfield Road"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   5/8/15
 "Hayfield Road" - 6x12in. -  click to bid
(click here to see an enlargeable image)

My first stop in California was the sweet little town of Pleasanton, where my very good friend Randi lives (pictured below, top-left, along with a very goofy-haired me). I spent the first day exploring the area while she worked. I found the lovely Sunol wilderness area, where I ended up doing my first 2 paintings the second day. It doesn't look hilly in the painting, but I had to hike up quite a bit to get this view. I had the inspiration to cut some wide panels right before I left, and even made a special box to hold them (which I will post about if any are interested). I will post the second painting tomorrow.

The next day we drove down to Big Sur (top-right). Unfortunately it was completely socked in with fog for most of the day, so we mostly just took pictures and drove/walked around. Wow - what a place!




-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

 

I'm taking 2015 off from teaching workshops.
 
Meanwhile check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.