Sunday 30 June 2013

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "The Oracle"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY     6/30/13
"The Oracle" - 6x6in. -  click to bid


It occurred me to recently that we really get into trouble (emotionally) when we compare ourselves to others rather than shooting for personal best. Why do we do that?! I suppose it's built into our society, and probably there's a bit of good in it because it might push us to do better. But when we're first starting out with anything and we only compare ourselves to the very best, I think it can be just as DIScouraging as ENcouraging. I guess I've been thinking about it because I've been trying a few new things. I find if I can keep myself focused on my own baby steps, and understand it takes a long time to get good at anything, it keeps me excited enough to continue.

 

 -Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops
 
2013
 
Oct 14-18, Fish Creek, WI
to register email PSofA
or call 920.868.3455
FULL w/ wait list

Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.