Monday 18 March 2019

Carol's latest paintings

View this email in your browser

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Just One Egg"


I had to take a little break and do some non-painting stuff for a few days. Fortunately eggs last a while in the fridge, especially if they aren't for eating. : ) After this one I have 7 left.

Because I was a little rusty this morning, I forced myself to do something that I should REALLY be doing on a more regular basis. I divided a panel into 4 (3in. x 3in.) sections, chose an object, and painted it 4 times, doing some experimenting with each one. And guess what - I learned stuff! I was going to show you a picture, but I started worrying about what you might think about it. And that's not the point - the point is for me to experiment without any thought of it being "finished." Because I think we all need a safe space like that where fear is not allowed. It was just what I needed today.

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Make Your Own Breakfast"


Last year I built myself a table in my studio. I had some vague ideas about how I might use it, but it's turned out to be INFINITELY useful! Like, it's pretty much constantly covered with multiple projects. Here I was shipping books and working on a sewing project.

I got the idea for the design on Pinterest - thank you Pinterest!. You can see a picture of a smaller version if you follow that link. I used two IKEA Kallax shelf units, with a piece of 3/4" baltic birch plywood underneath (with locking castors on the bottom) and another, bigger piece, on top. I glued a piece of formica to the surface for easy cleaning. I'm so glad I put wheels on the bottom, as I move it around all the time. I've decided from now on, everything in my studio should be on wheels!
Other available paintings:
My book, Daily Painting, is available on Amazon and book stores near you.

Also check out my online tutorials (some are free!).

And I have other books for sale that are collections of 100 paintings each.


I am no longer teaching workshops (except for one last one in Italy - get on the wait list).
Copyright © 2018 Carol Marine, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1560 Em Ray Dr., Eugene, OR 97405

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.