Tuesday 5 March 2019

Carol's latest paintings

View this email in your browser

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Scattering"


We survived the Snowpocalypse! Last Monday we got over a foot of snow, and then more over the next day or so - almost 2 feet total. In Eugene, snow that sticks means we can't leave the house for a while. Snow falls so infrequently here that the city isn't equipped with many plows, and only the main roads get cleared. Ours isn't a main road.

We also lost power and internet on Monday, and didn't get it back until Friday. This made for quite an adventure. We managed to keep one room heated, and spent most of our time there, reading and napping, and spending some quality family time. Honestly, I wouldn't trade it.

BUT, I'm glad to be able to paint again! My first victim, these little tomatoes I found when we finally made our way to the store.

I HIGHLY recommend trying it! If nothing else, it gives one a different perspective on values. I will definitely do more.

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Out of the Pool!"


This is actually my 5th attempt at these tomatoes. I know I talk about this a lot, but I paint many "attempts" that don't end up making the cut. It's HARD to spend even just  a couple of hours on a painting (and use up paint) and then toss it. I know! It's hard for me every single time. But I think that if you are really serious about your craft, and about improving and growing, you have to expect failure. Because all failure means is you tried something new and it didn't work. Ok, but I guarantee you learned something from it! So it didn't work out (you can't sell it), but it wasn't a waste!! You pick yourself up and you try again. The picking yourself up is success.

I talk about this a lot because it really requires a person (me) to give themselves pretty constant pep-talks. So it's on my mind a lot. 😁

Yours in art,
Carol
Other available paintings:
My book, Daily Painting, is available on Amazon and book stores near you.

Also check out my online tutorials (some are free!).

And I have other books for sale that are collections of 100 paintings each.


I am no longer teaching workshops (except for one last one in Italy - get on the wait list).
Copyright © 2018 Carol Marine, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1560 Em Ray Dr., Eugene, OR 97405

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.