Sunday 12 November 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

 CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   11/12/17
   

  Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Family One"

I had an idea the other day to do a series of still life paintings that reflect the odd combinations that make up any given family. I mean, even siblings can be pretty different from each other, and their parents, but then add to that mix in-laws, step-parents, ex-spouses, and then how about the ex's new family once they get re-married. Well, yes, not everyone has the same kind of family gatherings we have, but still, families are ... well, interesting. We don't always see eye to eye, but sometimes, in glorious moments, you sit around a table and can all laugh at the same thing, at the same time, and in those moments, family seems pretty great.


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Pumpkin Patch"

Recently I started a painting of a German city-scene and got interrupted right in the middle. It was also right smack-dab in the middle of its "ugly phase." It sat on my easel for days after, very distinctly NOT calling to me. So I finally went and got something - anything! - else to paint. Eventually I'll get back to the city-scene. But for now, pumpkins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a couple other paintings are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

July, '18 - France - (village- people- & land- scapes)
registration will open soon!
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.