Saturday 8 July 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   7/8/17
   

 Click Here to Bid  - 8x8in. - "The Patient Husband"

For this scene from France, I wanted to change some things. So before I started I opened the photo in Photoshop and created a layer on top. Imagine a clear sheet of plastic over a photo - this is a layer. Then I used the "paintbrush tool" and colored in new stuff where I wanted it. You can see the before and after below: (see larger version on my blog)


Mostly I lightened and simplified the background. I also simplified the store items in the foreground. You can see I also changed some things in the final version - artistic liberty. I'll definitely do this again!


 Click Here to Bid  - 6x8in. - "Shady Blue"

Above is another one from a Eugene wander. Dapples can liven up any scene.
................................................................................................

Here are a few other paintings that are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

August 7-11, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - FULL w/ wait list

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.