Sunday 13 November 2011

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Following Green"

  

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY
"Following Green" - 6x6 in - click to bid
Following Green

So I survived the 6 mile race, (whew!) and am here to report (will post about the run tomorrow). My class in Sedona last week went swimmingly. Ok, aside from the force fed wine and dessert. The first day we woke up to snow. This was the view from my hotel balcony:

Snow in Sedona

The snow eventually changed to hail, and everything melted by the end of the day ... except for way up high in the mountains. It was a good day to be inside painting.

My kids in Sedona

I always seem to forget something when I travel, and this time I forgot my camera. So I had to settle for iphone pics. Above are my kids slaving away. And below are some of the paintings produced, including 4 of my demos (sold), one row up from the bottom.

Paintings from Sedona workshop

We took a group photo, but it was with a better camera than mine and is being emailed to me - will post later. So I'll end with a very serious question: how many artists does it take to change a lightbulb? My kids and I were brainstorming an answer. Please tell me your ideas and I'll post some good ones tomorrow, including our favorite from last week!

-Carol

 

* UPCOMING WORKSHOPS *

 

Dec 12-16, '11, Aurora, IL - register here - FULL w/ wait list

Jan 9-13, '12, San Antonio, TX - Coppini Academy of Fine Art - FULL w/ wait list

Feb 13-17, '12, Langley, WA - Whidbey Island Fine Art - FULL w/wait list

    Mar 12-16, '12, New Braunfels, TX - to register, email Mary - FULL w/ wait list

    May 14-18, '12, Sedona, AZ - register w/ Sedona Arts Center - FULL w/ wait list

    June 11-15, '12, Greenville, NY - register w/ Hudson Valley Art - FULL w/ wait list

    Aug 27-31, '12, Toronto, Canada - to register email Marina - FULL w/ wait list

    May 6-10, '13, Nanaimo, BC, Canada - to register email Mary

 

 

This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.