Friday 9 February 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    2/9/18
   

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Salt the Asparagus"
 
I painted this today. All day. It's six by six inches, and it took all day. Amazing, right? So, getting things to look good with a palette knife isn't easy. Apparently I got lucky with the first one!! Or maybe I just have to be more selective about my subjects. And guess what, it wasn't the asparagus that was difficult! It was the bowls. I struggled and struggled with them, and then finally used my palette knife to scrape it all off, and started over. I think in the end the bowls were all brush. But I'm finally happy with it.

I've done oodles and oodles of abstract collage lately, and I think I'm finally ready to offer them up for sale. I experimented today with getting good images of a couple. I found that scanning was best, although no matter what I tried I couldn't get the oranges to come out right. In the image (below) to the left, the middle piece is a brighter, more saturated orange. And in the right one, the three red pieces are actually orange. Is it my scanner? Is there a better way to do this? Does anyone have any experience photographing collage? I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!



WORKSHOP REMINDER:
I will be opening up registration for my Carmel Plein Air Workshop this Saturday (tomorrow) at 10am, PST.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
  Here are other paintings that are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

May 28 - June 1, '18 - Carmel ...

July 3-14, '18 - France 
- FULL - get on wait list 

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.