Wednesday 7 February 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    2/7/18
   

Click Here to Bid - 6x8in. - "Red Hot"
 
I've been wanting to really play around with the palette knife, so I gave myself this whole week to do nothing but experiment. I spent the first day simply playing with texture. Then I tried a few things that didn't work out, but that I learned from. This was the first one that started going in a direction I like. I started out with my brush and whenever I felt like it might work, I laid in some paint with the palette knife. About halfway through it was looking too tight, so I took another tool that's like a rubber spatula, and I made a sort of contained mess with the paint. Then I worked on it some more. And this is the result. I might have danced around a bit in my studio.

Unfortunately the paint is quite a bit thicker than usual, so this will take longer to dry and then varnish. I'm not sure how long, since I haven't really done this before. The buyer will have to bear with me.

WORKSHOP REMINDER:
I will be opening up registration for my Carmel Plein Air Workshop this Saturday at 10am, PST. My original post about this was confusing, so I hope this clears it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
  Here are other paintings that are still available:

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

May 28 - June 1, '18 - Carmel ...

July 3-14, '18 - France 
- FULL - get on wait list 

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.