Wednesday 4 October 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   10/4/17
   

  Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Breakfast Scattered 2"

Recently I experimented with different kinds of light for my still life. For this one I tried more than one light - three to be exact. I shined (shone?) my halogen flood directly at the top left of the setup, at a rakish angle. I pointed the other two (both florescent, one with a blue-ish filter over it) at various angles, but more away from the setup. You'll notice the segmented shadows this creates. It was fun - I'll do it again.


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. "Breakfast Scattered"

I want to say a few things about the benefit of painting in a series. One of course is that if you buy produce, it's nice to get a few paintings out of it before it goes off. But that's the cheap me talking. 

What's even better is that when I'm staring at one subject (or a set of subjects) for a while they often inspire or lead to more ideas about the same (hey, what if I tried this?!). They build off each other. Each one presents a new challenge but uses the skills I've been honing. 

And lastly, my best paintings are very rarely one-off - they are almost always a part of a series of the same subject, theme, idea, or other. I may not post all of them, because they might not have all worked out, but I did them, and they made me better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few other paintings that are still available:
Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop(s)

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.