Monday 10 April 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   4/10/17
   

 Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Separate the Reds"

I've been experimenting lately with process. There are SO many different ways to go about painting. I've been using my island to ocean method for so long that I feel a little stuck with it. And I thought - if I go about things in a different way, will I get different results? And most importantly (for me right now), will I enjoy it more?

So for this one I laid in a kind of loose block-in for all the objects, moving around quite a bit, trying not to put any hard edges in until the end, when I started refining. I think this is probably a common method, but not for me.

I don't have any answers to my questions yet, but I will keep trying stuff.



  Click Here to Bid  - 6x6in. - "Mosaic Apples"

Here's another experiment where I tried to paint in a mosaic style. Honestly I kind of lost it after I painted the apples, but I like it anyway.

................................................................................................

Here are a few other paintings that are still available:




Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

May 11-20, '17: Provence, France! register here
 - FULL w/ wait list

June 26-30, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - FULL w/ wait list

August 7-11, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.