Saturday 1 April 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   4/1/17
   

 Click Here to Bid - 8x8in. - "Waiting for Others"

In the photo reference for this one (from in front of the NYC downtown library), the guy was looking right at me. And when I first painted them, they ended up both looking at me. So after some deliberation I scraped off both faces and re-did them with the idea that they would be facing slightly away. It's a tiny thing - subtle, (and not easy!) but I think it makes all the difference in the world. I'm much happier with it now!


  Click Here to Bid  - 6x6in. - "Lemon in Blue"

I used my little florescent bulb to light this one, which gives it a softer look than some of my still lifes. I still can't get over the fact that the plural of still life is lifes and not lives...



In other news, I am grateful to Plein Air Magazine for the article about me in this month's issue. To be honest I feel like the title is a tiny bit misleading ("Paint Daily but Know When to Stop") but I didn't get to choose it. Not that I'm complaining!

Also, I will be demo-ing at this year's Plein Air Convention in San Diego (end of April). If you're there, find me and say hi!

................................................................................................

Here are a few other paintings that are still available:




Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

May 11-20, '17: Provence, France! register here
 - FULL w/ wait list

June 26-30, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - FULL w/ wait list

August 7-11, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.