Saturday 8 October 2016

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   10/8/16
I'm doing an experiment, and only sending out an email every few paintings ... or days, whichever comes first. You guys can tell me how you like it.

"No Personal Space" - 6x6in. - Click Here to Bid

Recently I experimented for the first time with Galkyd. It makes paint dry a little faster, which I found is especially useful for landscape block-ins. Specifically I have used it to block in the dark masses of trees, so that when it comes time to put in the light sky the colors don't mush together at the margins and make so much mud! This has been quite enlightening! So I've been experimenting with Galkyd in still lifes too, and blocking-in there as well. I don't have answers yet, still just lots of questions. But I'm having fun. 


"Overprotective" - 6x6in. - Click Here to Bid

Here's another one from eye-level. Someone told me once, long ago, never to paint a still life looking down because it looks like it's going to slide right off the table. Obviously I ignored them! But what do you guys think? Just curious...


  
 "Little Red" - 6x6in. - Click Here to Bid
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

October 17-21, '16: San Antonio, TX - register  - FULL w/ wait list

May 11-20, '17: Provence, France! register here
 - FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.