Sunday 11 October 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Happy Flowers"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   10/11/15
 "Happy Flowers" - 5x7in. - click to bid

Please forgive me for the delay - my husband and I abandoned the children and escaped to the mountains for a little weekend camping. Don't worry, the kids are still alive and well.

This was a tough one because although the flowers were just about perfect and needed very little editing, the background was a mess. First I tried painting it just like the photo, but the background was too distracting. After trying lots of things, I ended up graying and darkening the background roses (because they were taking too much attention away from the two main ones), and simply painting and repainting the rest of the background until it worked. I admit this is an instinct kind of thing. I wish I could explain it better. But I really like the result - it's both abstract and not, which is fun!


-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

2016

May 9-13: Springfield Oregon - register - FULL w/ wait list
May 23-27: Springfield Oregon - register - FULL w/ wait list
October 17-21: San Antonio, TX - register 
- FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.