Friday 13 April 2012

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Spoon Over Two"

  

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY 
"Spoon Over Two" - 6x6 in -  click to bid
Spoon Over Two

Next I will be posting some non-still life things. I haven't posted much about my "break" because it has turned into something I didn't expect, and because it's been hard. "Ha," you think, "how could a break be hard?" It's hard because as soon as I got back to still life I found myself very quickly back in the same rut I was in before, and still not truly enthusiastic about what I was doing. At first I wracked my brain for how to "fix" this problem, and/or what else I could do. But I am finding that trying to think my way out of a creative jam is fruitless. So my new approach is to calm down, wait, get bored, and be open to new things. And keep painting, but only when and what I feel like. I have also realized that this is very personal process. I've gotten a lot of advice and suggestions from others, and while I appreciate the intention, I've realized that I'm the only one who can help me. That said, I want to thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for all the support over the years, and especially now! You all have been so patient with me and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thank you. 

 

-Carol

 

* UPCOMING WORKSHOPS *

 

May 14-18, '12, Sedona, AZ - register w/ Sedona Arts Center - FULL w/ wait list

    June 11-15, '12, Greenville, NY - register w/ Hudson Valley Art - FULL w/ wait list

    Aug 27-31, '12, Toronto, Canada - to register email Marina - FULL w/ wait list
    Dec 14-17, '12, Easton, Maryland -  Easton Studio & School - FULL w/ wait list

    Feb 4-8, '13, Balboa Island, California - to register email Debra - FULL w/ wait list

    May 6-10, '13, Nanaimo, BC, Canada - to register email Mary - FULL w/ wait list

 

 

This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.