Monday 30 July 2018

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

  CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY    7/30/18
   
I'm sure you're surprised, but I'm heading out on another trip today. : ) I'll be back on Friday. It's a short trip, this time just for fun.


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Waiting Patiently"
 
I spied these two gals waiting outside a church in Überlingen, Germany. But what's missing from this picture? They don't have cell phones to look at!! What did we ever do without them?! : \


Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Red Dress"

Here's another market scene, this time from France (can you tell?).

It's hard to photograph red. Not only didn't the reference photos tell me everything I needed to know to paint the red dress, the paint itself was hard to photograph (it looks better in person). Because I knew this, I tried to pay attention when I was out there to what was really happening when red things were partly in light and partly in shadow.

Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshop

Next year (2019) I will be teaching only one workshop, in Italy, in May. Registration will open at the end of 2018 - stay tuned.

I am no longer teaching still life workshops, sorry. : (
 
Check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting.

 
Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter!Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn!Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.