Sunday 12 March 2017

Carol Marine's Painting a Day

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   2/12/17
   

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - "Skyscrapers"

We're home from Texas! And while it was absolutely wonderful to spend so much quality time with our family and friends ... we've decided never to leave for that long again. Whew. A month and a half. I spent yesterday shipping off paintings and food shopping. Today I will lock myself in (and everyone else OUT of) my studio and paint to my heart's desire!

Meanwhile, above is a painting I did right before I left but never posted. Also, here is a link to an article I was interviewed for about living the American Dream.


Click Here to Bid6x6in. -"My Little Friend"

As I painted this one I was thinking about puzzles. I often think about them when I'm considering how to edit a "scene." Because if I change one thing, say make a petal smaller, it means something else will have to take up that extra space. Or if I make something darker, it will change the balance of the over-all light to dark ratio. It's a lot to think about! And just one of the reasons painting is such a challenge.
................................................................................................

Here are other paintings that are still available:     



Yours in art,
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

May 11-20, '17: Provence, France! register here
 - FULL w/ wait list

June 26-30, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - FULL w/ wait list

August 7-11, '17: Eugene, OR more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list

October 9-13, '17: San Antonio, TX more info  - 
FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Carol Marine's Painting a Day, 1560 Em Ray Dr, Eugene, OR 97405
Sent by me@carolmarine.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.