Wednesday 25 November 2015

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Parked"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY   11/25/15
 "Parked" - 6x12in. -  click to bid

Hello! This is a painting I did a couple of months ago. It's a scene I stumbled upon here in Eugene a while back. I loved the colors of the house. I meant to post it a few weeks ago, but kept putting it off.

Meanwhile, after a couple weeks of no painting at all (letting my fields lie fallow), I got a text from a friend who owns a gallery here in town. She suggested a small show next year. With new stuff. All larger than my normal work. At first I said no, but then I realized it would get me out of my rut. Give me motivation to paint the things I've been wanting to but have been too afraid.

Afraid of what? Failing. Isn't that what gets us all? Well, I guess I am only human.

The main thing I've been wanting to paint but haven't because of fear is...people. Not like portraits necessarily, but faces, up close. So I started with my son, as an experiment. I was terrified that it wouldn't look like him, but I think it really does. If you know him, please write and reassure me on this. I'll post a better picture later. It's 16x16 inches. Here are a few progress shots. The first one is just a bad image.



-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops

2016

May 9-13: Springfield Oregon - register - FULL w/ wait list
May 23-27: Springfield Oregon - register - FULL w/ wait list
October 17-21: San Antonio, TX - register 
- FULL w/ wait list
 
Also check out my ArtBytes (online tutorials), and instructional book,
Daily Painting, available on Amazon:

 
Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
Forward this email



This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  


Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 1560 Em Ray Dr | Eugene | OR | 97405

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.