Monday 11 March 2013

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Beloved"

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY     3/11/13
"Beloved" - 6x6in. -  click here to bid


My brushes I never get tired of painting apples. Today's apples were painted with my new Rosemary & Co. brushes. I bought them because simply everyone was talking about them, and I had to see what all the fuss was about. I bought the Ivory short flats, and they are very comparable to my Silver Bristlon brights. A couple of things you should know before you order: 1. be prepared to pay in pounds, as they are located in London (shipping is reasonable), 2. if you don't opt for the longer brushes (a teensy bit more expensive) they are going to be about 8 inches long.

On the left, a size 6 Silver Bristlon bright - right, a short handled, Rosemary Ivory short flat. -->

I have a friend who uses both and swears the Rosemary brushes keep their sharp edge longer. I've been using them for about a month and so far can't see a difference, but I may amend that later. For now, I'd say they are comparable.

 
-Carol
Quick Links

My Workshops
 
2013

April 15-19, 
San Fran, CA 
register w/ Sedona Arts Center
FULL w/ wait list

May 6-10, Nanaimo, BC, 
Canada
to register email Mary
FULL w/ wait list
 
June 10-14, Boothbay, ME
to register email Lee
FULL w/ full wait list
 
Oct 14-18, Fish Creek, WI
to register email PSofAƂ 
or call 920.868.3455

Find Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Facebook! Follow Carol Marine's Painting a Day on Twitter! Connect with Carol Marine's Painting a Day on LinkedIn! Read our Blog!
This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.