Sunday 7 October 2012

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Lucky Ducky"

  

CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY
"Lucky Ducky" - 6x6 in -  click to bid

Please forgive me for not posting at all this last week! I think once you hear about the group I had you'll understand. Let me start by saying, I already knew most of them. Why I agreed to teach them again when I KNEW they were all trouble-makers (?) ... not too smart. You can see in this picture below how they just roamed all over the place, laughing, making friends and having FUN, despite the fact that I told them no fun was allowed! Painting is serious business.
 
kids in Santa Fe 
 
Honestly the whole week was like a summer camp gone awry. We rented a room at the Immaculate Heart Retreat Center, slept in nun's quarters, and were forced to eat breakfast and lunch in a large sunny room together with several photography classes. Every day there was a huge bounty of the most horrible (-y fantastic) food that we had to choke down ... in order to get to the dessert table before the others. 
 
food in Santa Fe 
 
And as if this wasn't bad enough already, every night (of course) they gagged and bound and toted me to all kinds of homes and restaurants where I was forced to drink lots of wine, and eat a particularly unforgettable flourless chocolate torte (OMG!!!). And then they wanted me to perform too, like some kind of trained monkey (below are the demos from class, done under duress).
 
demos from Santa Fe 
 
I have a vague memory of telling stories I may regret later. I think they were drugging me, which may explain how exhausted I am now that I'm home. Here they are, below, my misfits. It was the most horrible week of my life.      Not.
 
kids in Santa Fe  

-Carol

 

* UPCOMING WORKSHOPS *

 

Oct 1-5, '12 - ADVANCED - Santa Fe, NM - email Nancy - FULL w/ wait list

    Nov 5-9, '12 - ADVANCED - Dickinson, TX - email Sue 713.851.5316 - FULL w/ wait list

    Dec 14-17, '12, Easton, Maryland -  Easton Studio & School - FULL w/ wait list

    Jan 7-11, '13, San Antonio, TX - register with the Coppini - FULL w/ wait list

    Feb 4-8, '13, Balboa Island, California - to register email Debra - FULL w/ wait list

    April 15-19, '13, San Fran, CA - register w/ Sedona Arts Center - FULL w/ wait list

    May 6-10, '13, Nanaimo, BC, Canada - to register email Mary - FULL w/wait list 

    June 10-14, '13, Boothbay, ME - to register email Lee - FULL & full wait list

This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.