Saturday 2 April 2011

Carol Marine's Painting a Day - 2 Germany Landscapes



CAROL MARINE'S PAINTING A DAY
"End of the Day, Almost Home" 6x6in. -  click here to bid
End of the Day, Almost Home

Today I posted a new challenge to Daily Paintworks. It is the German Landscape Challenge, and it's what gave me the idea to start the whole thing in the first place. But let me tell you a little about these locations. This first one is just down the road from my husband's mother's house. Almost every day I would walk towards town looking for something to paint. And in the afternoon I would be trudging back up the hill, almost to the house and look back at this scene. Every time I would think, if this weren't such a busy road, and if I weren't so hungry, I would love to paint this. And I finally did - from a photo.

"Summer in Germany" 6x6in. -  click here to bid

Summer in Germany

This is a scene from a hike we took, up a mountain, to a restaurant at the top, which I've mentioned before. The only way to access the restaurant is to hike or bike this trail. It took about 2 hours to hike it. Would this kind of thing survive in America?!

-Carol

* UPCOMING WORKSHOPS *

 

April 29 - May 1, '11, Atlanta, GA -  The Art School in Sandy Springs - FULL w/ list
May 23-27, '11, Sedona, AZ -  Sedona Arts Center - 4 spots available!

June 27 - July 1, '11, Benalto, Alberta, Canada - email me - FULL w/ wait list

Aug 8-12, '11, Fish Creek, WI - Peninsula School of Art - FULL w/ wait list

Sep 12-16, '11, Marshfield Hills, MA - northriverarts or email Laura - FULL w/ wait list
Oct 17-21, '11, Jacksonville, FL - email Eileen Corse more info - FULL w/ wait list

Nov 7-11, '11, Sedona, AZ - Sedona Arts Center - FULL w/ wait list 

Dec 12-16, '11, Aurora, IL - register here

Jan 9-13, '12, San Antonio, TX - register witCoppini Academy of Fine Art

Feb 13-17, '12, Langley, WA -  Whidbey Island Fine Art - FULL w/wait list

    Mar 12-16, '12, New Braunfels, TX - to register, email Mary - FULL w/ wait list

    May 14-18, '12,Sedona, AZ - register with the Sedona Arts Center

 

 

This email was sent to lotus311.shop@blogger.com by me@carolmarine.com |  
Carol Marine's Painting a Day | 141 Comanche Dr | Paige | TX | 78659

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.